Tuesday 19 February 2013

Beyond Grateful [2B.3]

The challenge in Kim Klassen's third 2B class
is to experiment with different focal points
and to create a collage of the results . . .

I have fallen in love with become totally distracted by Lightroom!
So, in an effort to continue with the class work
while at the same time exploring,
I chose some archived experimental focal point photos . . .
and used the opportunity to practice/develop my culling & rejecting skills
as I explored Lightroom.
I also created my collage template in Lightroom a la Kim's careful instructions.

Have I mentioned that I LOVE Lightroom???

I am so grateful to Kim for suggesting it and, 
though I know it is going to take a while for me to go through all my photos, 
in the end I will be so much happier and more efficient!

:::
EMBARRASSING CONFESSION TIME
I should point out here, that the lovely young man at the "Genius Bar"
in our Apple Store was STUNNED at how many photos I had on my hard drive,
which he kindly saved for me . . .
It was the talk of the 'backroom' for several days apparently.
I love it when techies revel in sharing stories of my technovirginity.
I am so grateful to the Genius for saving my photos
:::

Even with hundreds of photos strewn about my virtual cutting room floor
I had plenty to put together for my collage.


The photos are all SOOC,
 as I am just beginning to experiment with the Lightroom controls . . .
I hope to dive into them as soon as I am caught up with my assignments! 

Kim included a little "just for added fun" exercise
which was to experiment with her "Frosted" texture . . .


All this working with photos of flowers
is making me impatient for spring!
I can't wait to get out there and get my hands in the warm dirt!!
The operative word there being WARM . . .

On to 2B.4 and then I shall be all caught up!

Love, Janet xo


Beyond Layers

No comments:

Post a Comment